See all scheduled events here.
Hosts can choose between three different curricula:
iLead Workshop: Curriculum designed to help members become more effective teacher leaders through both practical and topical instruction. The four sessions include a personal analysis of leadership style, defining and practicing leadership skills, ways teachers can lead, and a personal action plan for leadership.
English Language Learner Workshop: An overview of the history, research, legal knowledge, and skills needed to effective engage and meet the needs of ELLs.
Culturally Responsive Teaching and Leading Workshop: An in-depth training to help teachers become more effective in working with diverse communities. Topics include the role of privilege and bias, as well as factors affecting and causing race, gender, and sexual minority discrimination. Attendees will develop skills to apply culturally responsive pedagogy in the classroom
As a partner, your KDP Headquarters will provide the tools necessary to host a successful workshop; however, members of chapter leadership act as hosts, facilitators, and coordinators. For a more robust event, consider partnering with nearby chapters to share the responsibilities of the event.
- Curriculum, presentation slides, and handout templates
- Facilitator training
- Online registration
- Email marketing to local members and chapters
- Weekly updates of registration numbers
- Electronic Certificates of Completion for participants
- Local publicity
- Volunteer facilitator(s) to lead the event
- On-site volunteers
- Printed materials (name tags, handouts, etc.)
- Optional food and beverage
The recommended registration fee is $25, though chapters can raise or lower the fee to cover local expenses as needed. The administrative fee due to KDP is $10 per participant. All revenue in excess of the administrative fee will be sent to the chapter within 2 weeks following the event.
- Who created the content?
- Who can act as a facilitator?
- Who attends the Regional Workshops?
- When Do Regional Workshops Occur?
- How much time does it take to plan a Regional Workshop?
Ready to get started?
Contact your Regional Chapter Coordinator or email email@example.com to begin the process of hosting a Regional Workshop on your campus!
If you are ready to set a date for your workshop, fill out this form.